Things To Do Before & After Carpet Cleaning
Carpets are expensive and that’s why we should take extra care while cleaning them. It’s a lot better decision, if you hire a professional carpet cleaner for carpet cleaning purposes.
Here are few things and tips to consider before and after carpet cleaning is done. Have a look.
Follow these steps before performing the carpet cleaning task, whether you’re doing it yourself or you’ve hired a professional carpet cleaner:
- Remove all rugs and mats.
- Get rid of things from under the bed, closet and tables, if the carpets area under them is to be cleaned.
- Remove all small things off the carpet.
- Pick all things placed on furniture which may be moved while cleaning is done.
- Remove all lightweight furniture.
- For cross ventilation open windows and keep fans ready
- Activate the heater or AC, if you’re unable to open windows.
Follow these steps after the carpet cleaning task is completed, whether you’re doing it yourself or you’ve hired a professional carpet cleaner:
- To assist speed up the drying method, set up fans to blow across the carpets.
- Ensure that you open windows or turned on the heater or AC.
- Until the carpet is completely dry, do not move any piece of furniture back onto it.
- Under the feet of furniture, place a small piece of plastic, if the furniture has any metal below the feet. If the metal becomes wet, it will rust, leaving behind a rust spot on the flooring.
- Don’t walk on the newly cleaned flooring with dirty shoes or feet. Scrub the bottoms of indoor shoes or slippers that you’re going to use on the rugs.
- Avoid placing sheets, towels, newspapers etc. on the flooring.
- Walk carefully on hard floors as they’re slippery
- Vacuum the carpet after it becomes completely dry.
Here are a few carpet cleaning tips:
- If the spill is thicker than usual liquid, then blot or scrape and take away the maximum amount of spill you can in the first attempt.
- Don’t scrub or rub a spill, you may spread and push the spill deeper.
- Use water or stain remover on the stain and blot it up.
- If you employ a stain remover then first check it on a small unseen space to make certain it is safe to be used on your carpet.
- If you act promptly most stains are often cleaned with water and a small quantity of washing detergent combined, and then rinse with cold water.
Final Thoughts: Extra care should be taken while cleaning the carpets in your home because even a small mistake can ruin a carpet permanently. However, for a thorough carpet cleaning you should hire professional carpet cleaners in Sydney who can make your rugs look like brand-new.