How To Wash Exterior Of Your House?
So, you just bought a new home and want to clean its exteriors? Or, you own a house that has turned dirty and ugly over the years? By giving the exterior a thorough cleaning, you can increase the curb appeal of your property. Exterior of a home that shines magnificently says a lot about its owners.
Here are a few tips for building washing that will make your work a lot easier.
It’s Time To Prepare For Hot Water Pressure Cleaning
Half of your work is done, if you already own pressure washing equipment. However, many homeowners don’t have hot-water pressure cleaning equipment because it’s quite costly. Also, the high walls of your house aren’t easy to clean, and you might get involved in a mishap. It is better if you hire professional cleaners to do the cleaning job, but if you have already made your mind to do the cleaning yourself then use these tips for building washing preparation:
- Should you use soap or not – In many cases, water is sufficient to get the exterior clean. If the walls of your house have mould or mildew, then you can use a mild house cleaning product, which is specially meant to eliminate mould and mildew without damaging the paint of the walls.
- Get the right nozzle. Pressure washer nozzles are available in different sizes. There are nozzles that shoot water and cleaning solutions even in a very narrow area usually have the strongest spray. However, you must use it quite carefully. It’s better to use a normal nozzle instead of a powerful one, if you don’t have much experience in this field.
- Protect pets, doors and windows. Ensure that your pets and kids are inside the house before you start cleaning outside, this will keep them safe from any mishaps. Before starting the work, make sure that all the doors and windows are closed. Also, wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from dirt and debris.
Steps To Pressure Wash Your House
- First test a small section to check the effects of the pressure cleaning, and then progress with your accordingly.
- Use spray in a downward angle. The sidings on the walls of your house are made to provide protection to the building from weather. All the adverse effects of weather come from above. So, you need to do cleaning by keeping the siding in mind and direct the sprayer downward. Don’t spray into seams or cracks of the siding as water can get trapped there and ruin your house. House washing Sydney based professionals can do cleaning jobs in a better way, so leave the job for experts.
- Give time to dry. After cleaning the house, you must give it proper time to dry before applying any protective layer on it.
Use these tips to clean the house on your own, but if you find this task overwhelming then hire top-notch building washing Sydney based cleaning services for excellent results.